Growing on the fastest lane, the Investment Banking team closed a range of transaction types in all economic conditions across a range of industries, the likes of the below selected transactions:
I. Debt Raising / Restructuring
- EGP 650 million club deal for The Egyptian General Company for Tourism and Hotels (EGOTH), for refurbishing some of its owned hotels.
- EGP 350 million club deal for Misr Hotels, for the refurbishment of The Nile Ritz Carton (previously Nile Hilton).
- Margin lending facility for Citadel Capital Partners for EGP 150 million.
- Restructuring existing debt of EGP 55 million, in addition to providing acquisition finance facilities in the amount of USD 25 million for Setcore Spinning.
- Refinancing existing debt on Nile City Investments for USD 92.5 million.
- Discounting facilities for Al Arabia Real Estate Development Co. (ARECO) in the amount of EGP 100 million.
II. Private Placements
- 10% of Golden Pyramids Plaza in the amount of USD 163 million.
- 10% of Nile City for Investments for EGP 240 million.
- 10 % of El Shams Pyramids for USD 13 million.
III. M&A’s (Buy/Sell Side)
- Sell side advisor for Omatra Group for USD 135 million.
- Sole financial advisor on Rubex Plastic Manufacturing Company hostile takeover for a strategic investor.
- Buy side advisor for the acquisition of 100% of Al Arabia Real Estate Development Co. by Golden Pyramids Plaza for EGP 245 million.
- Sell side advisor for EGYTRANS (right issues) in the amount of EGP 100 million.
IV. Direct Investment
- Acquisition of a 51% stake of National Seeds Company .